We are launching the 2nd Pacific Dataviz Challenge, organised by the Pacific Community's (SPC) Statistics for Development Division, the Pacific Data Hub and the Government of New Caledonia's DINUM:
- It's a free competition, open to everyone, worldwide
- Participants will be asked to create a data visualization (dataviz) to highlight the Pacific data available in open data.
- Participants are required to use at least 1 dataset from a list to be provided, taken from our 2 organising open data platforms: data.gouv.nc and the Pacific Data Hub
- This year, we've chosen a special theme, which will be revealed at the start of the challenge.
- We have 2 categories: "Interactive Dataviz" and "Static Dataviz".
- The total prize money is USD 10,000, which will be distributed as follows:
- "Dataviz Interactive": 1st prize: USD 5,000, 2nd prize: USD 2,500, 3rd prize: USD 1,000
- "Static Dataviz: one-off price: USD 1,500
- We are organising a launch conference, which will take place on Tuesday 5 September from 12 noon to 1pm, at the University of New Caledonia in Nouville (Amphi Guy Agniel, just next to the UNC's main reception). Lunch will be provided for participants. For logistical reasons, participants must register using this form.
Here are the links to the dedicated pages on the social networks, where the theme and the datasets to be used will be revealed, and where the public can discover useful information and videos along the way: